At The Change Group, many of our clients are teens. We take them seriously, and treat them as unique individuals, not just a set of problems to be fixed.
For teens, significant life events such as the death of a family member, friend, or pet; a divorce, a family move/relocation/change of schools, physical abuse, sexual abuse, verbal abuse, neglect, trauma, a major illness in the family can cause stress that might lead to problems with behavior, mood, sleep, appetite, and academic or social functioning.
Teen therapy is known to help adolescents cope with, and overcome, life stresses.
Signs that your teen may benefit from seeing a psychologist or licensed therapist include:
• developmental delay in speech or language
• learning or attention problems
• behavioral problems (i.e., excessive anger, acting out, bedwetting or eating disorders)
• a drop in grades at school
• episodes of sadness, tearfulness, or depression
• social withdrawal or isolation
• being the victim of bullying, or bullying other teens
• decreased interest in previously enjoyed activities
• overly aggressive behavior (i.e., biting, kicking, or hitting)
• sudden changes in appetite
• selective mutism (not speaking)
• problems sleeping, or not wanting to go to sleep
• missing or skipping school
• mood swings
• an increase in physical complaints (i.e., headache, stomachache, or not feeling well) despite a normal physical exam by your doctor
• signs of alcohol, drug, or other substance use
• problems coping with life transitions (i.e., separation, divorce, or relocation)
• bereavement and grief issues
• sexual, physical, or emotional abuse
• exposure to traumatic events
If you are a parent, but still not sure…Do you find yourself asking:
• how can I provide the best discipline for my daughter without crushing her?
• how much backtalk should I allow from my son?
• how do I help my child get through my divorce?
• how can I help my daughter handle her own feelings and emotions on a daily basis?
At The Change Group, we aim to help adolescents, teens, young adults, and adults with just such things.
Our unique BIO/PSYCHO/SOCIAL/SPIRITUAL approach is supported by cutting-edge research and our years of experience. We’d love to discuss with you how we can best help your family.
Teen therapy can be incorporated into our 90 Days to Change complete care package, or can be provided in an individual program at an increased rate. Both 90 Days to Change and Individual programs are built into 90 day blocks, and Initial and Post Assessments are required.
Looking For Lynchburg Teen Counseling? Let’s talk today.
Call us at 1-855-55-CHANGE (1-855-552-4264)
A Change Group Lynchburg Counselor is available to talk with you,
today. If you call and reach our voice message system, don’t be
discouraged! We still want to talk with you, we are just seeing
clients. Leave your name and phone number and we will call you back
Nervous about calling? Email us at email@example.com!
(Portions of the above material is reprinted with permission from Thrive Boston Counseling in Boston, MA.)